[DWJ] Phoenix award

Charles Butler charlescbutler at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 8 14:22:53 EST 2005

I see from my ChLA newsletter that DWJ has won this year's Phoenix Award
(given for books published 20 years ago that didn't receive any awards at
the time) with *Howl*. Margaret Mahy is runner up for *The Tricksters*,
another favourite. Last year the positions were reversed, with Mahy's
*Catalogue of the Universe* pipping *Fire and Hemlock.*

Personally, I think I'd have given it the other way round on both occasions,
but who's complaining? Two of my favourite writers!

Charlie - who feels like he's been out nine years, but shan't away again.