Girning

Juliette Curtis juliette at harvestroad.com
Tue May 31 21:02:46 EDT 2005

"The only person I know who earns money girning is of impeccable
Somerset ancestry for manymany generations. Nothing much else to do in
Chard, apparently, it's girning or work in the meat-canning factory."

I'd love to girn for a living but I live in Australia. Is it possible to
girn south of the equator?

It reminds me of the last time I got new glasses. I misread the sign on
the door and for a moment it seemed to say "John Newing, Optimist". I
was really tickled by the idea of a professional optimist. You go in and
somebody leaps up and says "HELLO!!!! LOVELY DAY ISN'T IT!!!!!"

Juliette