OT: Dr Who

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Sun May 29 14:26:44 EDT 2005

Otter:
> Speaking as someone who lives on the west side of the pond, this is
> all very strange. Bizarre, even. The only similar thing I know of is a
> famous occasion on which The Weather Channel published a
> calendar and left the Upper Peninsula of Michigan off the USA map.
Thanks for the info. You might want to check out the curious incident last year when an area the size of Wales (for the more on this phrase, consult: http://www.simonkelk.co.uk/sizeofwales.html) - in fact, *exactly* the size, shape, and position of Wales - was omitted from a map of the European Union. See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/wales/3715512.stm. 'Subnational pride' bore up rather well, in the circumstances - I doubt the English subnation would have coped half as equably!
Charlie

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/