OT: Dr Who

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sun May 29 12:26:09 EDT 2005

On Sunday, May 29, 2005, at 12:56 AM, Roger Burton West wrote:

>> I thought the complaint about the weather-map was literally to do
>> with its
>> perspective, not with its bias nor with anyone's accent, anyhow.
>
> In this
> case, information about weather in the north of the country is no
> longer available; this should be considered a bad thing in itself, not
> because subnational pride has been damaged.

Speaking as someone who lives on the west side of the pond, this is
all very strange.  Bizarre, even.  The only similar thing I know of is a
famous occasion on which The Weather Channel published a
calendar and left the Upper Peninsula of Michigan off the USA map.

I wonder what happens in Canada.  90% of the population is within
100 miles of the USA border, but I bet they still get the whole map with
their weather ....

- Treat the Earth well.
    It was not given to you by your parents.
    It was loaned to you by your children.

                   - Kenyan proverb