OT: Dr Who

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri May 27 07:10:44 EDT 2005

Paul, I think I agree. Running time worries me (as far as one can
really 'worry' about a tv show... I'll get over it), though the next
episodes might go better. Apparently episode 9 is a terrifying one - to
adults as well as children. This series is reminiscent of Buffy, isn't
it? And it was deliberate, they said it on some doco I saw. Trying to
get the same mix of emotion and humour.

As for Tom Baker, I love him as the Doctor. He's an old loyalty as well
- he played Puddleglum, who I grew up with. Different character though.

Oh, goody, someone did tell me Douglas Adams worked on this script. I
look forward to this storyline.

Can you tell me which Romana Tom Baker married? Different people say
different things.

The future Doctor is Scottish too, which surprised me. Has there been a
non-English Doctor before? What else has this guy been in?

Aimee.