Conrad's Fate

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri May 27 01:54:09 EDT 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Jon Noble wrote:

> Loved the new one, Christopher Eccleston looks like
> he'll be a good Doctor, I hope David Tarrant does as
> well next year.

Especially as he's apparently gone on record saying he intends to try
and beat Tom Baker's record.  :)

> It will be strange seeing Dr Who
> with decent special effects.

I found it oddly reassuring, watching the first episode, that there
were a still couple of places where one could see the special effects.
(If you see what I mean.) Particularly the shot where the autonomous
plastic arm is quite obviously being achieved by having someone
standing just offscreen wearing an elbow-length rubber glove...

> Is the current story of the Traditional series the one
> with the one with a cameo from John Clease?

Yes, it is. That'll be in Tuesday's episode, if I haven't miscounted.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."