Addendum to a dwj bibliography?

Anna Zofia Skarzynska ania at gnomic.freeserve.co.uk
Mon May 16 18:04:13 EDT 2005

> I never knew that silverfish nibbled books: I always thought they lived
> exclusively on shed fragments of human skin.  I hope the Book Club weren't
> being grimoireish!

Silverfish suck on books-- they like the size (not dimensions, but stuff
that's in the paper to make it... ummm... how quickly one forgets a year's
worth of archival training!- I could look it up if you are interested).
Anyway, the paper looks sort of thin and has trails on it after they have
been at it.
I think it's dust mites that eat flakes of skin. Mouldy ones, at that. Yum.

> I think you struck lucky for a first Heyer, there.  *Frederica* has one
> scene at least in it that makes me have to stuff my fist in my mouth if I
> am reading it late at night so that I don't wake the whole household with
> my howls of laughter.  Make that three or four scenes, in fact.
>
> (Wanders away muttering "Restorative Pork Jelly" -- which you will
> understand when you have read the book.  I think I am due a re-reading
> break.)

I'll let you know how I got on with it- but it will probably be ages before
I start, there is an ever growing to read pile by my bed.

Ania