dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #1015

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon May 16 17:22:30 EDT 2005

Minnow replied to me...

>>(Several lists I'm on insist that members use plain text only.)
>
> How very civilised.  That must save a lot of modem-minutes for people who
> aren't on broadband.

Well, yes, that is part of the point.  That and the fact that, apparently,
HTML messages do very strange things to the digests (I don't do the digest
thing, personally, but I gather that one HTML mail in a digest can either
make everything come out formatted as that message was, or fill one or all
of the messages in the digest with gobbledegook).

Dorian.