dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #1015

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon May 16 09:39:28 EDT 2005

JOdel had problems:

>Okay, okay. Now that's just too much altogether. I'l accept black type on a
>cyan background. I won't like it, but I'll accept it. Black type on a cyan
>background is still readable.
>
>This time (Digest #1015) it came in a black type on a BLUE background. That
>is NOT READABLE without a LOT of EFFORT! Whatever it is yo uare doing, please
>STOP!

Can one not teach one's computer to say words to the effect "sod this for a
game of marbles" and display any and all text coming into it in
black-on-white regardless of the whim of the sender?  My friend wot does my
tech has taught mine that this is possible... it simply ignores HTML
sillinesses, and has a black-and-white screen display in spite of however
many thousands of shades of colour sitting somewhere inside it feeling
under-utilised.

oh, and it doesn't show any of the fancy fonts people may be using either,
it shows all email-related stuff in something called "mishawaka".

I find it all easier on the eyes that way.

Minnow