Conrad's Fate (with spoilers)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat May 14 07:42:15 EDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Juliette Curtis wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I suggest it's time to start a discussion of Conrad's fate.
>

> SPOILER SPACE

> Many of DWJ's familiar themes appear in CF. One of the most obvious
> is mistreatment of children by parents and other family members..

On which note: is there anyone else who didn't believe for a moment
that Uncle Thingy was telling the truth about Conrad's karma?
Maybe it's just that I've read a lot of DWJ before (avuncular figure
who doesn't really have one's best interests at heart being a
recurring theme, particularly in the Chrestomanci series), or maybe
it's just that one should never trust anyone who feels the need to
*tell* you when they're being honest, but I was on to him from the
word go.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."