Conrad's Fate (with spoilers)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 12 05:39:45 EDT 2005

I did think of JKR when I first saw that, but it might not be- there are the Jennings series of books, for example, which I haven't read but I think are a pretty long series of books about school life. There will only be seven of the Potter ones. I think this may be like the Millie books in LoCC, an example of a genre rather than a pointer to one author in particular.

I loved this- the ending was rather abrupt, but that was about my only complaint. Series Seven really came alive as a setting, despite mostly only seeing one house!
The way that Conrad and Anthea had turned out all right despite awful parents (and Robert, Felice and Hugo seemed to, as well, although we didn't see as much of them) is a nice hopeful touch.
Jennifer