question about book of criticism

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri May 6 11:15:43 EDT 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005, deborah wrote:

> does anyone know anything about
>
> Diana Wynne Jones: The Fantastic Tradition And Children's Literature
> by Farah Mendlesohn
>
> Amazon says it's coming out in September.
>
> (By the way, I'm ready to start Conrad's Fate discussion whenever
> anybody else is)
>
> -deborah

I don't know anything about the book itself except that it's coming out,
but if you're interested in finding out more about the author, she has a
blog I occasionally read at http://farah-sf.blogspot.com/.  I think it's
an interesting site.  Basically, she's reading juvenile science fiction
(specifically science fiction, not fantasy) novels and writing reports on
them.  Since I've never even heard of most of the books she's writing
about, I can't speak to the extent to which her reports fit my tastes, but
I definitely like her writing style.

					---Kyra

---
"All power corrupts, but we need electricity."
				---Diana Wynne Jones, _Archer's Goon_