Stealer of Souls

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue May 3 00:37:36 EDT 2005

On 3/5/05 2:31 PM, "Jon Noble" <jon_p_noble at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Judith Ridge <Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:
> (snip)  and my meeting
>> is about to start (we're about to prepare a Defence
>> of Our Existence for the
>> powers that be--not really, but we do have to write
>> a rationale of the
>> selection and inclusion of material in the magazine,
>> which we're hoping will
>> state our position firmly enough that certain people
>> will back off on the
>> censorship push!)
>>
>> That last bit was in strictest confidence...  ;-)
>>

> The School Magazine isn't under threat is it? Is there
> something I have missed in our Union paper? I can
> remember fondly reading the school magazine in the
> early 1960s and probably as much as anything else it
> turned me on to a love of reading.
>
> Jon

Nah, we're just under scrutiny from People Who Don't Know Anything About
Literature about what we're publishing and what the raison d'etre of the
magazine is. This too shall pass--it's not the first time this sort of thing
comes up, but it is something of an ideological battle for the minds and
hearts of or readers!

And your story, Jon, is the reason we fight the battle!

Judith

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine