word order (was Re: Random DWJ discovery of the day)

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Thu Mar 31 08:22:49 EST 2005

I figured out most of the examples, so not all is lost (on me - and not: all
is not lost ;-)

And it is true that not all constellations are possible in German, some are
only be possible in poetic language and would be expressed with different
words in everyday language.

Different meanings can be conveyed by stressing the words in German, too and
probably in most languages.
The sentence "Ich traue keinem Mann mehr" can mean: "I don't trust any man
anymore" and "There is no man I trust more".

Bettina

(It's just me who just wants a just verdict?!)

--
Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl