Hexwood -- Thumping great spoilers from the start

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Thu Mar 31 04:37:57 EST 2005

> IF YOU HAVEN'T READ HEXWOOD STOP
> READING...................
>

> .... (DOTS ADDED BY CAT ACTION, thank you Mr
> Vespa)
>

> Last time we discussed Hexwood we (or I at least)
> concluded that everything which happens in the
> book in fact happens within the Bannus field. The
> first thing that I noticed this time around was
> that this must include the letter that Controller
> Borasus receives from the maintenance man. I'm
> pretty sure said maintenance man was made up by
> the Bannus (the letter, redirected this way and
> that had taken at least two weeks to arrive --
> and even that is a lie, clever old Bannus).

I don't think this is quite right.  Reigner 5 notices that most of the
men at arms and people are real - the maintenance crew and the security
men.  And right at the end, after the Bannus has stopped its field,
Madden is driving the van that almost fails to take Borasus back to
Runcorn.

> Hume/Martellian appears to have been in the field
> all along in the stasis box.  Is this also the
> case with Artegal  and Fitela?
> If the legends are any guide, Martellian was
> imprisoned as Merlin, and Arthur was taken away
> to Avalon, or has been asleep in a cave but what
> of Fitela? And why does Fitela call Martellian
> Uncle Wolf when his name is Fitela Wolfson?

Yes, Artegal and Fitela too.  The two most powerful children, who were
virtual reigners and whom Orm had to stass himself.

But Orm said there weren't any children left!

Ah yes, but these were grandchildren.  Or nephews.  Martellian had to do
a certain amount of inbreeding to get back true reigner traits, much as
Orm did with the servants.

(I can't remember all the details, but it's in the conversation between
Reigners 1 and 3 in the motel)

Philip.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore the E.ON Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the E.ON Group.

E.ON UK plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

E.ON UK Trading Ltd, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

E.ON UK Trading Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services Authority to carry out investment activities.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432