Funniest DWJ Scene

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Wed Mar 30 06:40:17 EST 2005

Hello everybody,

I don't know if we've done this before, but, inspired by the interesting
review Meredith showed us (thank you, btw) which used the term screwball
fantasy (or something like that) I wondered which DWJ scene made me laugh
most.

What brought the screwball comparison vividly to my mind was that I was also
just at that time rereading HMC, earlier that intended because of the very
interesting discussion / pieces of information Gili brought up with her
questions. The scenes in the end, when Sophie's family is visiting sort of
"during" the dramatic ending has screwball elements, I'd say.

My funniest scene: what made me laugh most (and really loud) is the scene
with the different gardening devices hopping around in Witch Week.

And, as an opposite, the most heart wrenching scene: To me that is from
Hexwood, Mordion's childhood - I don't have the book with me, so I can't be
more precise, but I wouldn't want to put spoilers in this post anyhow.

Any spontanous thoughts? Where did you laugh/feel touched the most?

Bettina

--
Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl