New Amazon Feature S.I.P.

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 18:51:30 EST 2005

So this is Amazon's latest feature
--Statistically Improbable Phrases, or "SIPs",
which "show you the interesting, distinctive, or
unlikely phrases that occur in the text of books
in Search Inside the Book. Our computers scan the
text of all books in the Search Inside program.
If they find a phrase that occurs a large number
of times in a particular book relative to how
many times it occurs across all Search Inside
books, that phrase is a SIP in that book."

SIPs for Howl's Moving Castle

scarlet suit, turnip face, square knob

which add up to a rather unattractive picture.
Apparently there are:

1 or more instances in The Family : The Real
Story of the Bush Dynasty by Kitty Kelley

1 or more instances in Dr Tatiana's Sex Advice to
All Creation by Olivia Judson, "Boys are
promiscuous and girls are chaste, right?..."

for which the SIPsare : species like yours,
ancient asexuals, harlequin beetle, mangrove
fish, bdelloid rotifers (

For Power of Three there is but one SIP: pulsing
house, also found in:

1 or more instances in Why Girls Are Weird : A
Novel by Pamela Ribon
Now can you guess which Dwj novels these SIPs
come from:

1.refectory steps, secondhand jacket, front
talons

2.stolen photograph

Ven