Timing of Chrestomanci Books

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Wed Mar 23 21:20:30 EST 2005

Hi,

I remember we were discussing the dating of the Chrestomanci novels a
couple of weeks back. What I don't remember is if someone mentioned
this:

In Chapter 13 of "The Magicians of Caprona," the Duke (we'll actually
presume the Duchess, of course) sends the Montana's a message calling
them up the Final Reservists for the war. They are summoned to appear
at "03.00 hrs, January 14th, 1979"

So that sort of settles the relative dates of the other books then.
Tonino ends up at Chrestomanci's place with Cat after this, so that
ties the times of both "Charmed Life" and "The Stealer of Souls" to
round about 1979.

As I said, I can't remember if anyone mentioned this before. I'm
rereading these books in preparation for "Conrad's Fate" next month!
Can't wait.

widdy

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power.
Abraham Lincoln

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net