Help with Howl: Rugby, Welshisms and saucepans

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Mar 16 15:08:45 EST 2005

Helen said...

> What sort of name is Angorian supposed to be? I've always thought of Miss
> A.
> as looking Armenian, but maybe I made that up.

I always assumed the name came from "angora", as in rabbits.  Which is not
entirely inappropriate, since Miss Angorian is pretending to be soft and
fluffy, but is really vicious and ruthless.  My limited experience of
rabbits leads me to believe that you may think they're soft and fluffy, but
they're really vicious and ruthless.

Dorian.