Help with Howl: Rugby, Welshisms and saucepans

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Wed Mar 16 09:37:05 EST 2005

Here we go . . . (found on a Shirley Bassey site, of all places)

http://www.songsofshirleybassey.co.uk/song/sng99003.html

  Far away a voice is calling
  Bells of memory chime
  Come home again, come home again
  They call through the oceans of time

  We'll keep a welcome in the hillside
  We'll keep a welcome in the Vales
  This land you knew will still be singing
  When you come home again to Wales

  This land of song will keep a welcome
  And with a love that never fails
  We'll kiss away each hour of hiraeth