DWJ not DW-J

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 15 21:53:07 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Allison Marles wrote:

> Also, in some cases, this filing is just appallingly wrong.  I
> remember shocking a clerk at Chapter's once when I pointed out that
> someone is murdered in Cart and Cwidder and that DWJ's books
> shouldn't be categorically filed in the young children's section. I
> don't know if they ever did anything with that information though.

All my own attempts to get inappropriately-filed books changed (though
I can't speak to Chapter's, which we don't have here) invariably end
with somebody shrugging and saying "The filing instructions are handed
down by head office; there's nothing *we* can do."

I suppose I can see how such a system would develop, but it's a bit of
a "grr argh" moment - particularly when one has just found a murder
mystery containing several sex scenes[1] in the children's section...

----
[1] Not by DWJ, of course.

Paul
--