DWJ online to answer questions

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Mar 15 17:17:24 EST 2005

> I'm so sorry to hear that. :(  I don't understand why they persist on
> dragging her off to do all this stuff.  Presumably most of these
> reporters are without travel jinxes and bad backs, so why don't they
> come visit her ?

The journalists aren't likely to know if the publicity people organising
these interviews, online chats etc don't tell them. Blame the publicists if
you must; I imagine DWJ has some contractual obligations to promote the
book, but you'd have hoped the publicists might have been a little more
thoughtful... Mind you, the way things are in publishing houses these days
(high turn over of staff, esp in publicity and marketing) the publicists
themselves might not have a clue. Sounds like Diana needs a good
dragon/agent to fend some of these more strenuous engagements off!

Judith

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine