Times article on DWJ/Conrad's Fate

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 10:40:35 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/14/05 7:49:57 PM Central Standard Time, Minnow writes:

> Does the Times admit to error?

They do in private, anyway. My father once wrote to them over a matter of
square yards being confused with cubic yards, or something of that sort, and
received a letter saying "You are quite right, and we are duly ashamed." I *think*
they also ran a correction, but I am not as sure of that.

I think it was when he was on some sort of months-long assignment in the UK,
and therefore reading the Times regularly.

Helen Schinske