Times article on DWJ/Conrad's Fate

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Mar 14 15:24:38 EST 2005

Minnow said...

> That it's there for the benefit of librarians doesn't mean I
> can't use it, though I suppose I might be risking the wrath of the privy
> organisation of librarians (that runs the world really) by revealing one
> of
> the prized secrets of their trade.  If I am never heard from again you
> will
> know that their agents have been dispatched to deal with this infringement
> of their prerogatives.

Not to worry.  My mother's a librarian (and a cataloguer, yet!).  If the
librarians' agents come and Get you, I'm fairly sure I can get her to call
them off.  (Cataloguers, you understand, being of a higher order within the
heirarchy of the Privy Order.)

However, I don't believe you need to worry.  Correct and intelligent usage
of public-domain librarian information such as you describe is more likely
to admit you to the outer circles of the Privy Order, as it saves those who
do the Real Work time and trouble.

Dorian (an Associate Member of the Privy Order).