Times article on DWJ/Conrad's Fate

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 14 15:18:57 EST 2005

I was quite affronted by their misuse of "latter", when I believe they
meant "former".
    "The quality of Wynne Jones's imagination is often compared to
    that of J. K. Rowling -- to the detriment of the latter in the
    case of a notorious attack by A. S. Byatt when the fifth Harry
    Potter novel was published."

Allison