Charles de Lint

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Sat Mar 12 16:33:10 EST 2005

On Mar 12, 2005, at 7:01 AM, jack at greenmanreview.com wrote:

> *I can tune out a lot, but there were a couple of real clangers -
> * someone having taken and failed exams to go to comprehensive school,
> * and someone else driving in the rain with the driver's side window
> open
> * and getting their *left* arm wet! But it still didn't spoil the book,
> * and as you say, the musical appendix is great.
>
> Keep in mind that they aren't AmMericanisms taht are causing you to
> groan, but reflect
> his Canadian upbringing.
>
> --

And, not to be snippy, but why on earth would talk of drivers driving
on the other side of the road possibly ruin a book for you?

When you're reading an American author, don't you expect Americanisms?
When you're reading a Canadian author, don't you expect Canadiansims?
When you're reading and Australian author, don't you expect
Australianisms?

widdy
(feeling ornery and irritable)

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power.
Abraham Lincoln

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net