Woman's Hour

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 9 20:33:11 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Anna Zofia Skarzynska wrote:

> So, I wonder if you're going to become a radio 4 addict? I think
> it's wonderful, truly the best of British, as I never tire of
> saying.

In one of the more obscure iterations of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the
Galaxy, Arthur Dent lists the unique things that were lost to the
universe when the Earth was destroyed, and Radio 4 is third on the
list. "There is nothing quite - or even remotely - like Kenneth
Williams anywhere else in the galaxy," he adds. "I've looked. Not very
hard, admittedly..."

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."