Random DWJ discovery of the day

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Wed Mar 9 09:48:05 EST 2005

Hallie pointed out:

> Stow-on-the-Wold is also in Oxfordshire, as, presumably, is the
> Cotswold village of nearly the same name in Fire and Hemlock!  Also
> Chipping Norton, which has been mentioned as suggesting Market
> Chipping.

Hmm, yes, but Chipping Sodbury is quite close to Bristol.  Market
Chipping is another Ingarian name like Porthaven, including two elements
that mean the same.  Chipping = Market, and I believe it is cognate with
"cheap".

Philip.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore the E.ON Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the E.ON Group.

E.ON UK plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

E.ON UK Trading Ltd, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

E.ON UK Trading Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services Authority to carry out investment activities.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432