Charles de Lint

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Mar 8 23:16:27 EST 2005

On 9/3/05 3:10 PM, "Roslyn" <rosgross at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Judith:
>
>> Greenwood's Earthly Delights and its sequel are set in contemporary
>> Melbourne. Isn't Elliot Perlman's Three Dollars set in Melbourne? Monkey
>> Grip is. There must be others.
>
> I'd forgotten _Monkey Grip_ ! I don't know the Elliot Perlman. As you say,
> there must be more!

_Three Dollars_ is a wonderful novel. Read it, read it, read it. The film of
it (with David Wenham, Frances O'Connor and Sarah Wynter) is due out next
month.

What about books for children set in Melbourne? There's Irini Savvides one
in the My Story series, but can't think of any others off the top of my
head. This is all way OT, sorry!

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine