Charles de Lint

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 8 21:48:41 EST 2005

>> > It's fluff. Entertaining fluff but fluff none-the-less. Not one I'll
>> > re-read
>> > as I did with Swim the Moon.
>>
>> Hmm! Thanks. It's good to have prior warning about these things!
>>
>> Ros

Emma:

> Whereas I love _The Wild Reel_ mostly (I think) because I know the places
> in it and thought they were
> reflected very well :) I didn't like the main character in _Swim the Moon_
> and didn't really care what
> happened to him, which never improves a book.

Well, it's good to hear another opinion! I will certainly give it a go,
then. It's always fun to know the places in books, though it's happened to
me pretty rarely. I mean, how often do you read books which take place in
Melbourne? :-) The only one I can think of right now is the only Phryne
Fisher (by Kerry Greenwood) book I've read, _Raisins and Almonds_, which is
only set in the Melbourne of the 1920s, but features Jewish themes and
characters, which made it even more intriguing for me personally.

Ros