romance novel covers

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Mar 2 17:31:05 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Anna Zofia Skarzynska wrote:
|Talking of hideous covers, the one on my recently acquired from Amazon.co.uk
|copy of The Blue Castle is truly hideous. Very offputting indeed.
|Mind you, at least the romance covers are a bit better drawn than some
|scifi/fantasy ones. Can anything compare with the sheer awfulness of the
|early covers of Jordan's The Wheel of Time (it turns... and turns... and
|turns... very... slowly... indeed... ) Gah! (to covers and series both!)

Ah, the foreshortened arms and too-big heads of Darrell K. Sweet, who
has tortured the covers of Jordan, Donaldson, Piers Anthony, Terry
Brooks, Stasheff, and I think a few other people who didn't actually
deserve the pain.

I'm sorry, was that my outside voice?

-deborah
--
Never postpone committing violence you are inclined to commit at
once. Later on, you might not be as pissed off.