Mckinley's Beauties

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Tue Mar 1 20:12:52 EST 2005

Dorian wrote

> "Beauty" is like a length of deep rose-pink velvet, while "Rose
> Daughter" is more like that length of velvet all done in fantastical
> embroidery (possibly involving scratchy gold or silver thread). I
> cuddle the velvet against my face, but stand back and admire the
> embroidery.

What a beautiful (and perfect) analogy! Oh dear, now I'm going to start
trying to see all my favorite books as fabrics. Greer Gilman's
"Moonrise" is a patchwork quilt in gently worn greens and greys, some
shot through with silver and others that seem not quite to be there when
you take hold of them. "These Old Shades" is a disintegrating fragment
of antique gold silk brocade....this could get out of hand. (Maybe it
already has.)

--
Margaret Ball
margaret at onr.com
It's finished! The bead embroidery book is here. Lots of pretty pictures at
http://www.flameweaver.com/embeadery.html