Off topic ‹ Conference announcement

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Thu Jun 30 00:59:56 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

The 2006 Children's Book Council of Australia National Conference will be
held in Sydney May 4-6

We now have most of our speakers confirmed. The conference theme is Book
Now! and will focus on the book and story as it moves between media: from
oral story to written text (including Indigenous writers), text to
illustration, books into film, theatre and television, mange and anime,
translated texts, merchandising around children's books, historical fiction,
autobiography as fiction, Indigenous stories, writing for children/writing
for adults, books moving between cultures and so on.

International speakers include:

Cornelia Funke
Lynley Dodd
Anthony Horowitz
Michelle Paver
Helen Oxenbury
Diane Roback (Children's editor, PW)
Kosei Ono (manga/anime expert from Japan)
Lene Kaaberbol (Translator, Denmark)

Australian speakers include:

Emily Rodda
Shaun Tan
Leigh Hobbs
Libby Hathorn
Pamela Freeman
Professor Anita Heiss
Bob Randall
Emma Quay
Terry Denton
Andrew Daddo
Jeanette Rowe
Elaine Russell
Irini Savvides
Siobhan McHugh
Doug Macleod
John Misto
Ewan Burnett (filmmaker, formerly of Aus. Children's Television Foundation)
Agnes Nieuwenhuizen (Centre for Youth Literature, Melbourne)
Maryann Ballantyne (Black Dog Books)
Dr Wendy Michaels
Graham Grassby (ABC Enterprises)

There will also be a range of literary dinners around Sydney; dine with one
of the conference speakers. The conference will end with The Great Debate:
That Movies are Better than Books.

Please mark your diaries and I'll post as soon as booking arrangements are
available, I'll let you know. And email me with any questions!

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
My blog: http://www.misrule.com.au/serendipity