Poetry appreciation (was Re: Howl film)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Jun 28 23:57:12 EDT 2005

Oh, and!  and!

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

|Jon wrote:
|
|>I've just picked up a copy of Neil Gaiman's Stardust
|>and notice that the Donne poem is quoted at the start
|>of the book. Anyone know of a connection (like between
|>American Gods and 8 Days of Luke)?
|
|spoiler space in case you haven't read it yet

|Could the connection possibly be that each book involves a personified
|falling star?

I wonder if we can connect Dogsbody in any fashion, although it
certainly has a more pragmatic feel than either Howl's or Stardust.

Don't they visit personified stars in one of the Mary Poppins books?

-deborah
--
Wes: "My gypsy curse sometimes prevent me from seeing the truth.  Oh, Buffy!"
Cordy: "Yes, Angel?"