Howl film

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jun 27 09:40:34 EDT 2005

> Someone sent me this link to an interview with Miyazaki; he addresses
> (briefly) why the war theme added to the film:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8184320/site/newsweek/
> I'm still having trouble reconciling that aspect of the film with the novel!

But, um, isn't there a war going on in the book? There's mentions of it
in the background (that's why the King wants so much done) and later on,
in _Castle in The Air_ everyone who contributed to the war effort in
Ingary seems to get smacked upside the head...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
""So that's what librarians do: Share knowledge. Share pleasure. Share
ideas for a better world." -- MaryLaine Block