Howl interview

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jun 19 09:57:31 EDT 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk wrote:

> By the way, I like the idea that the best way for us to get a fix on
> who Lauren Bacall is would be to remind us that she'd been in
> *Birth*!

That kind of parenthetical reminder is always, in every publication in
every nation of the world, guided by the assumption that the
audience's memory only goes as far back as the last thing the actor or
director did. I long ago stopped noticing it, except in the occasional
case when it would have done much better to highlight the second-last
thing they did.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."