a few thin

Katie Meyers kgmeyers at optonline.net
Thu Jun 16 23:50:25 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have a question for Gili.  My family is going to Israel day after
tomorrow and will be meeting with lots of relatives.  We wanted to get
a gift for the relatives that made it possible, and immediately thought
of books for their young 3 yr old grandson.  Are classic children's
picture books that were written in English already well-known and easy
to get in Israel?  (examples: Where the Wild Things Are,  Harry the
Dirty Dog, authors like: Eric Carle, Leo Leoni, Tomie de Paola)

And about Conrad's Fate:  I've been enjoying reading everyone's
thoughts, lurking.  Two parts of the book that I thought were hilarious
were  Christopher's ironing experiments and "I tell you once and for
all that there is _no_ wine that goes with bacon and eggs!"

And about muesli:  I first discovered it in Sweden and Finland, where
hotels offer large quantities and  many varieties.  Back at home, I
started noticing it a lot.  Granola does seem similar, and I've always
known about it.  (My dad eats granola in yogurt every single day as
desert.)  But I think that granola can cross the line towards being
trail mix, while muesli is more consistently made up of unsweetened
grainy things.

sorry about bunching a lot of topics together like that
-Katie Meyers