Utterly OT: origin of a phrase?

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 04:23:52 EDT 2005

Me:
>I've got a photocopy of that book somewhere in my office, and could probably get the exact reference given time and a well-trained sniffer dog.

Okay, cancel the dog - Google helpfully supplies this:

"For as it were a hard matter to describe unto a man born blind the difference betweene blew and greene, so can I not bethinke my selfe any meane how to decipher unto you this lunar colour, having no affinitie with any other that ever I beheld with mine eyes."

Charlie

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/