Ballet Shoes (was RE: DWJ sans frontiers)

deborah deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Jun 14 11:53:13 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

|Sorry, yes, "White Boots" became "Skating Shoes"; "Dancing Shoes" was
|originally "Wintle's Wonders"; "The Circus is Coming" became "Circus Shoes",
|of course, etc. You can see the whole list of them, with their alternate
|titles, up at:
|
|http://www.whitegauntlet.com.au/noelstreatfeild/ChildFiction/Books.htm

Huh! I'm not all down one column...  *goes and checks*   Well what do
you know?  My copies of the Gemma books and The House in Cornwall are in
fact UK editions, which explains why I don't have a full set of
recognizeable titles to people on either side of the pond.  In fact, my
copy of House in Cornwall cost 2'6, which makes me wonder if it was my
mother's originally, and I scragged it out of a pile of her old Biggles
books.

-deborah
--
Start a revolution.  Stop hating your body.