Dentistry

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Jun 14 11:40:16 EDT 2005

I was phobic about needles. So I refused to have novacane for fillings. In
fact I had a tooth that needed filling for an extra year before I found a
dentist who would fill it without novacane (the pediactric dentist I went to as a
child wouldn't).

Fortunately, after that first one, most of my fillings were very minor ones
so that worked all right.

I needed extractions though when the baby teeth refuese to leave but the
adult ones were coming in. I had the novacane for that. There was no other option.
Same with the root canal and the time a tooth broke off and needed a post
installed.

When all four wisdom teeth turned out to be impacted I had them out under a
general.

I'm no longer phobic about needles, but most of the dental work I get these
days is just replaceing fillings that fall out and that hardly needs
anasthetic.