scratching CDs

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Jun 13 20:21:35 EDT 2005

On 11/6/05 11:46 PM, "Otter Perry" <ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com> wrote:

> As I understand it, CDs can sometimes be repaired, which LPs can't
> AFAIK.

Depends on how deep the scratch is. I have repaired light scratches on LPs
by placing a little pressure on the arm while it's playing over the scratch.
Somehow the needle realigns/repairs the break in the thread. Don't know how
I knew to do that, but I know I've done it.

Judith

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine