Servants on Top

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:44:12 EDT 2005

>>Strikes me that there's quite a literature of people who are

>Toinette in 'Le Malade Imaginaire' (I was in a rehearsed reading of this in
>Halifax last Friday, so it's fresh in my mind).

Ooh, that reminds me of Petra in Smiles of a Summer Night, who is clearly
inspired by Toinette - she's at the very least in charge of the son...

Since I've recently read Allende's "Zorro" I'd say Bernardo there is kind of
in charge too - he's certainly more mature than his foster brother/master.
And the Antonio Banderas movie version had Anthony Hopkins posing as a
servant though he was really the master, too.

Katta