DWJ sans frontiers

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 18:38:56 EDT 2005

--- Irina Rempt <irina at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Friday 10 June 2005 18:07, Hallie O'Donovan
> wrote:
>
> > Yes, which is part of what I meant - being, as I
> am, very strongly
> > resistant to the idea that 'healthy' necessarily
> means tasteless,
> > boring, or at the worst, only eaten by those who
> are kill-joys with
> > no appreciation of the delights of eating.
>
> With the corollary that if something tastes good, it
> can't be good for
> you.

I'va always worked on the principle that that our
bodies have spent millions of year evolving to reward
us for eating what is good for us by making them taste
good, and punishing us for eating what isn't good for
us by making them taste bad. Of course this theory
falls down in the modern world when the things that
our body rewards us for finding - fats and sugars -
are no longer hard to find.

Jon