DWJ sans frontiers

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Jun 10 12:07:44 EDT 2005

Roger:

>  >Poor old muesli - seems a fairly innocent food to have developed such
>>a burden of 'meaning'.
>
>It was intended explicitly to be a "healthy" food (by the Swiss Dr.
>Bircher-Benner, who invented it), in much the same way that Kellogg's
>recipes were inspired by his personal feelings about the constituents
>of a good diet.

Yes, which is part of what I meant - being, as I am, very strongly
resistant to the idea that 'healthy' necessarily means tasteless,
boring, or at the worst, only eaten by those who are kill-joys with
no appreciation of the delights of eating.

Now, Kellogg's and Corn Flakes is a whole different kettle of..
well, that'll get too messy if I finish it. ;)

Hallie