DWJ sans frontiers

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Jun 9 23:59:17 EDT 2005

On Thursday, June 9, 2005, at 07:43 PM, Paul Andinach wrote:

> I suggest you start looking up collectors: a carefully-preserved
> pre-decimal sixpence might be worth a tidy sum to the right buyer
> these days.  ;)

I doubt it.  I bet lots of folks have pre-decimal currency tucked
away.  I have some Victorian pennies, for heaven's sake, and
I don't even live on that side of the pond.  [I've been there, though,
which is why I have some Victorian pennies.  And other pre-
decimal coins.  Even some Scottish pound notes.  Are they
still issued by different banks?]

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have
those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of
speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence to
practice neither.

  -Mark Twain