DWJ sans frontiers

Anna Zofia Skarzynska ania at gnomic.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 16:16:48 EDT 2005

> Actually, one can scratch a CD without even working at it.  My CD of The
> Mission's greatest hits is scratched to hell and back and won't play
> properly, and I've *no* idea how it got that way.  Very irritating.

It may have something to do with its age. When they taught us about
preservation of electronic data on my archives course, I learnt that it is
recommended that data on CDs should be copied onto a new one every 10 years.
This is just in case, because nobody knows yet just how long CDs will last.

Mind you, I have some tapes from the mid-80s and they still play.
Remarkable.

Ania