DWJ sans frontiers

Anna Zofia Skarzynska ania at gnomic.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 16:11:58 EDT 2005

> I think DWJ may have been writing on behalf of a generation of British
> children who'd been made to eat it because it was Healthy.  I vaguely
> remember that it was thought to be Swiss and Good For You, unlike
> cornflakes and rice crispies which were somehow Less Nutritional.  I was
> spared because it made me literally sick, something which was later
> explained by the presence of peanuts in the British version and the
> discovery that those do me a whole lot of no good, but scads of my friends
> hated the stuff with a deep loathing and would rather even have had their
> oats as porridge.
>
> Minnow

I actually like the stuff, and in its most 'healthy' form too (oodles of
nuts, no added sugar, and packed in a brown paper bag, straight from the
local wholefood shop- I am an old hippy!)- the trouble was, after I produced
my offspring I went off milk in a big way and was thus deprived of the
pleasures of eating muesli for years. Then I got over the yuck factor (the
idea previously made me shudder) and tried it with orange juice- and it's
lovely! Sweet and tangy at the same time. Yum.

Ania