DWJ writes Saga

hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 05:05:09 EDT 2005

I see that under the inevitable headline 'Are you the next J. K. Rowling?' Saga magazine (for the over-50s) have launched a series of articles about - oh, I might as well just paste it in...

"We are looking for a dynamic new talent aged 50 or over who can write for older children. The winner of our competition will have a dream prize: their book published by HarperCollins. We launch the competition this month with an introduction by the Children’s Laureate, Michael Morpurgo MBE. To help you, over the next four issues of the magazine we will be printing “master classes” by four bestselling children’s authors on different aspects of the craft of writing for children aged 8-14 years. Next month Garth Nix will write on plot, in July Diana Wynne Jones writes on characterisation; in August Lynne Reid Banks will explain how to write with a clear voice; and in September Katherine Langrish looks at setting."

Anyone here happen to subscribe?

Charlie

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: