Conrad's Fate (at last)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 7 13:08:53 EDT 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:

[staying in other worlds]

> Yes, there's something about leaving a life in exchange. Tacroy's a
> special case as he was transferred from one world to another, I
> think.  But if you don't have another life in the world of origin to
> anchor yourself to, you won't be able to stay in a different world.
> It's in Lives of Christopher Chant, I think.

The stuff in LoCC is all about the rules of astral travel, where you
have to leave part of yourself behind as an anchor. It doesn't really
go into the rules of travelling bodily.

(Although I can see where it might be confusing, because Christopher,
being able to take a whole life with him, gets some of the effects of
travelling bodily even when he's only travlling astrally.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."