Conrad's Fate (at last)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jun 7 10:28:14 EDT 2005

> >>The bit of the plot I have most trouble with, though, is the Walker:
> >>why on earth did Albert and the Circle tell him to summon the
> >>Walker?  Judging by Albert's remarks at the end, the cork should
> >>have been quite adequate for his purpose, (and Albert intended that
> >>Conrad be executed for the act), so what did the Walker add to their
> >>plan?

Could it have been a fall-back, concieved out of Albert and the Circle's
arrogance? After all, even by my biased attitudes, the intended victim
was in fact messing around with other people's Karma. I don't think it
ever occurred to the Circle that they could be damaged by the Walker.
(This is a trend in DWJ-- people get overly arrogant and don't think
that the power they put into people's hands to go against their enemies
could be used against them.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you
just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have
helped you become who you are. " -- Mr. Fred Rogers